Unconscious competence, I do it, but don’t ask myself how. Unconscious incompetence, I don’t even know there is anything to learn.
Both times are unconscious, one this way, the other that way.
Welcome to the Emotional Connectivity Podcast from the Talent Management Academy.
I think if you’ve heard something a lot from us up to this point, it’s something like, first of all, be aware.
How was it last week with Dagmar, the 4 stages of learning and the process of learning?
You should be aware of that now.
A question for you: How do you get from unconscious incompetence to conscious incompetence?
The answer is feedback. Well, that is now also in our conscious perception, feedback could bring me from one level to another.
Unfortunately, very often there comes a little resistance.
Something like remembering feedback from parents. – “Rolf…. If you do that again.”
Here are my two tips.
Feedback givers, please have two sentences in mind:
- what was good and please make it good again next time.
- What can you do better and of course how can you do it better.
- turn off the inner justifying voice and replace it with something like, I want to understand. Direct your focus to. I want to understand.
- write down the feedback, that will take you away from the feeling of justification.
- decide later what you want to change in the future.
Be curious about yourself, if this works for you.
Next week Dagmar will come with a helpful add on, every behavior has a positive intention.
Be curious and stay curious about what you can still change. Have fun with it!
(1 / 7)